Maybe you’re making a complete switch to Apple products or just purchased an iPhone. Either way, you probably have quite a few pictures you’d like to keep. Is there any simple way to just move photos from one device to the other?
Unfortunately, there’s no one-step solution. The smartphone industry is competitive, and neither brand wants to make it too easy for you to switch! Even so, we’ve put together walkthroughs for 3 simple ways to transfer pictures from your Android phone to your iPhone.
Google Photos and the Cloud
The Cloud refers to storage space that exists outside of your device and can be accessed with Wi-Fi. This first option is ideal if you’re transferring a smaller group of photos – a few hundred or less, ideally. Larger batches can be completed with this process, but it may take an hour or more. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Google Photos app on your Android phone from the Play Store and sign in with your Google account information.
- When you’ve sign ined, locate three horizontal lines at the top of the app. This will bring you to the user menu.
- Locate the settings on the menu.
- On the setting panel, click Back Up & Sync, and turn it on. Your photos will automatically upload to the Google Photo’s cloud storage.
- Download the Google Photos app on your iPhone from the App Store and sign in with your Google account information.
- Like before, locate the menu, visit the settings panel, and turn on Back Up & Sync. This will download your photos onto the iPhone automatically.
Mobile Transfer Apps for Your Phone
Perhaps you’re not a fan of Google Photos or you don’t have the necessary space to transfer all your pictures. Whatever the reason, you can always use a mobile transfer app instead. As an added perk, these apps can be faster than using the Cloud! Keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
- Download the AnyTrans app on both the Android phone and iPhone.
- Open AnyTrans on your Android phone first and click the Explore tab.
- Tap the QR code symbol in the top right corner to receive a one-time QR code.
- Open AnyTrans on your iPhone and click the Scan button.
- Use your iPhone to scan the QR code on your Android phone.
Once you scan the code, your Android phone will display on the pictures on the device. Select all or select photos individually. When you’re ready, simply tap “Send to iPhone” to complete the transfer.
- Download the FileMaster app onto your iPhone from the App Store.
- Launch FileMaster and tap More.
- Click on Wi-Fi Transfer and turn the Wi-Fi- on within the app.
- FileMaster will provide you a unique URL
- Using your Android phone, open up your mobile browser and visit the URL provided on your iPhone.
After you navigate to that secure web address, you’ll have full access to your iPhone data. You can select and transfer any folders of data, including photos.
Transfer Apps for Your Computer
What if you’re worried about a secure connection or have thousands of pictures to transfer? If you’d rather handle things the old-fashioned way, you can transfer data with your computer!
- Visit MobileTrans.WonderShare.com to download and install the app on your Mac or PC.
- Connect the Android phone and iPhone to your computer via USB.
- Open the MobileTrans app and select Phone Transfer from the main menu.
- Select the Android phone as the source and the iPhone as the destination.
- Select photos and confirm the transfer.
This is the best choice if you have thousands of photos. Because your computer acts as the middleman, it takes less than a minute – or even a matter of seconds – to complete transfers.